6.15.2010

Bump: Round 5

And starting to love the color black...sigh





At 31 weeks (just shy of 8 months for those who prefer the more simple terms), baby is about 3.5 pounds and 16 inches long. She is under my ribs constantly and every once in a while I swear you can actually feel a foot against my stomach.

Feeling good (not great, remember), but good. The nursery is about 2/3 of the way complete and we have really been blessed with some wonderful shower gifts. One of my favorites is from my mom who gave us a bassinet for our bedside with the bedding that used to be in my bassinet. It was hand made by her friend 25+ years ago and it's still just as gorgeous. Thanks Grandma Jojo!

Items left to be desired include our stroller, pack n play, diapers, wipes, bottles and a few more clothes. I have to say that I have been very good about purchasing clothes if I do say so myself. Most have been purchased via consignment or second hand and I am quite pleased. Her entire closet thus far probably rings in under $50 with some amazing finds - several with tags still attached. That being said, I think a little shopping spree before she arrives is only appropriate, agreed?

Thanks for all of the reading suggestions. I feel well prepared to head off to the book store this week.

2 comments:

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Hey sweetie! You look amazing, I love that flowy blue tunic on you! Happy (almost) 8 months, she will be here soon!! xox

Brandee said...

Okay, now don't get creeped out...But I've had TWO dreams about you in the last 3 weeks or so. Last night I was pregnant, too in my dream. So far nothing weird has happened in the dreams, you're just sittin' looking pretty and being pregnant. I guess you and your baby have been on my mind! Glad you're feeling good (not great, but at least good!) You look fantastic!