1.26.2012

My Go-To Recipe

Sick family member?  New baby meal train?  Unexpected guests?  This is my go-to recipe for all of the above.  One where I don't have to pull out a recipe card, can be frozen for up to a month and costs under $10 to make.

Spinach and Tortellini Soup (have I shared this before?  It's quite possible that I have because I make it so often.)

Ingredients:

3 tbs. olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
4 cans stewed tomatoes, Italian style
4 cups chicken broth
1 bag baby spinach
1 large package three cheese (or your favorite flavor) tortellini - I prefer Buitoni and usually find in the refrigerated dairy section near the cheese


Saute garlic and onions in olive oil over medium heat until transparent
Add tomatoes and chicken broth and turn to high.  Bring to a boil
Add tortellini and cook according to package directions
Add spinach just until wilted (about 20 seconds)

DONE!  This will make several servings, so you probably will have enough for you too.

Package and send with frozen garlic bread, chocolate chip cookies and a bottle of wine for a full meal.  Yum!

No comments: