7.27.2011

Bike Adventure 2011

My crazy, I mean inspirational, husband left this morning to complete his 500 mile bike ride across the Colorado Trail.

Without talking about all of the hours we spent squabbling over the training, logistics and safety of this trip, I must say how proud of him I am and how much I admire his persistence and motivation.

That does not change the fact, however, that it's going to be a long several days without him.  On day-one I have already killed a large-ish spider, unclogged the garbage disposal and have fixed the chain on the toilet.  Yuck.

For the past several weeks, our guestroom has morphed into this:



And while I still can't really tell you what's all in the bags and packs below, I do know that what you see is what Chris is bringing.  To eat.  To sleep.  To wear.  To survive.  For 10 days.  Talk about traveling light, huh?












Wish Chris luck and pray that his trip goes smooth (and that I don't have to kill anymore spiders).



1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hope his adventure is more successful than Brian's was! Can't wait to hear all about it.