8.11.2013

For the times when things don't go as planned...

...because sometimes they won't.

As a follow up to my previous post, I thought I would let you know that there are plenty of times that our plans get derailed, despite my best "tips".

Case in point: Logan's 3rd Birthday.

I won't go into all of the details, but starting with her actual birthday on Wednesday up until her party yesterday, expectations had to be let go of left and right.  As hard as it was, I was humbly reminded that her birthdays are not (or should not?) be all about me.  I wanted several things to happen according to plan all week.  But all week, I was dissapointed.  It's so hard not to have expectations in the first place, let alone to let go of the ones you do have.

I wanted, and had "planned", to go all out for Logan's "Splish Splash" party (equipped with this car wash - how cool is that?), but certain circumstances pushed me to cancel such affairs and opt for an old fashioned party at the park instead.  And honestly?  It exceeded my expectations and turned out great.  Everyone was probably happier in the end, including the birthday girl herself.  And clearly that's what matters.

Being a mother is a constant reminder that things won't always go according to plan, yet an important one for people like me who like to think they should.  Judging by the pictures, I think a certain someone had a wonderful birthday week and was none the wiser.  Thank you to everyone who made it so special!










Happy 3rd Birthday to you LMK - you make my life bright and beautiful!

No comments: