10.28.2013

Nod to Nautical

Ahoy Matey's!

Every once in awhile I like to switch things up a bit.

Our master bedroom was feeling a little ho-hum and after being inspired by a blue geometric throw I found at TJ Maxx, I decided to become one with the sea.

I was able to compile a few items from around the house to create a subtle nautical theme and got to work.  A quart of paint, some free "art" printed off the 'net and a few hours later, we were set to sail.

The best part?  The whole change cost less than $50.00 (The most expensive thing being the blanket at $30)

BEFORE:
Here is the best before shot I could find (although I had already replaced the curtains)

The stripes on the wall are my favorite addition.  Not bad for free handing the tape lines (at which Chris was horrified).

The blanket that inspired the change. 

Set of picture frame mats found at Goodwill for .50 cents!  I would like to get them into white frames eventually.
The pictures are printed from the internet after a simple "Free Nautical Prints" Google search.  I already had the jar of shells and the glass bottle.

Love these coral prints.  Again, free from the internet after searching "Vintage Coral".


The tray contains nothing new, just a few items rearranged from around the house.  I also framed this cute crab letterpress greeting card that I had received from Amanda :)

Again, nothing new.  Just took the shell from a shelf upstairs and added a few blue books.
A few items left on my "wish list" include an upholstered storage bench for the end of the bed and a nautical (perhaps rope?) pillow to replace the gray one on the bed.  

In the meantime, I am finding our updated bedroom decor perfectly seaworthy.

No comments: