1.25.2009

Change of plans

It's Sunday night and I am reading over my post from Friday afternoon. I am here to report that our weekend was not such the relaxing, lovely weekend I had imagined. Instead real life happened. And while we got to do a few of those things on the list, our weekend actually went a little more like this:

-Out Friday night with Becky and Thompson. Saw a great comedy show but spent too much money on bad wine at Comedy Works only to wake up with a nasty headache.
-Awoke Saturday morning to Chris and his dad ready to work on our basement
-Got in a fight with Chris over working on the house all day when I wanted to do other said activities (see post below).
-Went for a run to our neighborhood coffee shop that was not as leisurely as I had hoped. My body seemed to be punishing me for not working out for a few weeks.
-Put too much Splenda in my latte and pouted a little as I walked (not ran) home
-Didn't do much cleaning, organizing or planning all day which stressed me out
-Cat got stuck inside hallow basement wall on Saturday evening. We spent an hour trying to get him out
-Chris and I got mad at each other again for no apparent reason
-I went grocery shopping at 9:00pm on Saturday night because it was about the only thing to do alone and we wasted a perfectly good evening being stubborn
-Made a not so great, '0' point Progresso soup for dinner because I ate a cinnamon roll the size of my head in the morning
-Got ingredients to make a great lunch for Kim and Chris on Sunday, but didn't feel one bit like cooking on Sunday morning, so went out to lunch instead
-Made the bad decision of dragging Chris with me to TJ MAXX on Sunday afternoon, only to feel rushed and annoyed as he sighed the whole way through the bath towel, furniture and shoe isles.
-Thought about picking another fight for the attitude, but decided we both had enough and instead played nice on the way to Chris's parents house for dinner
-Had a nice time at dinner - hooray
-Finally sitting down together and relaxing - wishing the weekend was just beginning.

Oh well, such is life...

No comments: