11.03.2009

3:00 slump

It's 3:00pm, I'm tired, not motivated to work at the moment and have a few thoughts to share.

As you may have noticed, the blog has not been private these days despite my efforts.

Turns out, if you don't have a google account it's pretty much a pain in the butt to log in. Just wondering if other "private" bloggers have found this to be true of their readers?

As for other things on my mind:

I hate daylight savings time. Dark at 4:45 - yuck. I need to run (yes, need) and it's too dark by the time I get home and we have no gym membership. I may have to resort back to early morning workouts - just when I was really starting to like this sleeping in business.

I am feeling overwhelmed by home projects that I want to complete. New curtains, master bedroom / basement redesign, artwork to fill an empty wall, guestroom overhaul, the list goes on. I don't know which to tackle first, thus none of the above is getting attention. I need some (thrifty) inspiration here.

It seems like everywhere I turn someone is having a baby, getting pregnant or trying to do so. Is it just me or is there a 2009/2010 baby boom occurring? Perhaps I am just more aware in my "old age" or due to the fact that Chris actually mentioned the words 'want' and 'baby' in the same sentence a few days ago without also using the phrases "in 10 years", "not unless babies mountain bike" and "who me?" hmm.

Not having cable kind of sucks. There, I said it. I wish I didn't watch (or like) tv at all. But I do. And I miss TLC. My highlights are now 9 news in the morning, Modern Family on Wednesday nights and PBS documentaries about smart stuff that I know nothing about. But that on the contrary, Chris knows everything about and insists upon filling me in on. What he doesn't know is that I still remain clueless, as my mind is almost always fixated on the dessert concoction I am about to create and not on his efforts to make me an educated member of society / smarty pants wife.

I like depressing books. So sue me. Right now I am reading "Under the Banner of Heaven". In one word - yikes.

The coffee shop at my work is doing a promotion. A free upgraded size on Tuesdays. This bugs me for 2 reasons.
1) My drink of choice tends to get kind of gross after anything beyond a size small.
2) Upgrading my drink a size adds 2 points (weight watchers lingo appears yet again!)
Thus, I really don't want an upgraded size - what I really would love is a discount people.

And I've done it again. A post full of rants. I really do promise that I am semi-fun to be around for those of you whom I've never met. I only complain for maybe half of the time ;)

No comments: