1.04.2010

...and a happy new year

While I promise I am no scrooge, I am silently rejoicing at the fact that the wrapping paper is cleaned up, the radio stations have returned to "normal", the bubbly has been popped, the birthday candles have been blown out and that - gasp - I am back to work settling into a semi-familiar but still "fresh" for the new year routine.

Don't get me wrong, I do love me some holidays and this year was no exception, but like most things in my life, I am avidly gung ho for a while, but when I'm done. I. am. done.

Kind of similar to training for a run, or counting weight watchers points like it's my religion, or DIY home decorating projects, or being a blogging fanatic...although blogging (rather, writing, for that matter) always seem to come back much more easily than the former. Currently I am in a 'Canon Rebel Must be Mastered' phase...

While I have always been slightly bothered by the fact that I rarely "stick to" any one thing, I think I have come to terms with the fact that I will probably never will. My interests are too many and my time too short to be a "master" of anything I fear. And I think I am okay with that.

So for the new year, my non resolution / resolution will simply be to enjoy what I am doing when I am doing it. I want to focus on doing things that make me happy, whether or not I will be excited about it forever.

Chris and I have a busy year ahead of us with several weekend getaways, weddings, house projects (read: get grass!), family vacations, etc. I am looking forward to what lies ahead and to a happy new year!

No comments: