7.11.2011

Medical Bill Madness

A word to the wise:  If you don't want your husband to become a raging maniac, avoid unnecessary medical charges (aka an "infant routine hearing test" on day two of said of infant's life when Mama is still in a drugged up haze after 43 hours of labor resulting in an emergency c-section making rational decisions impossible and uttering responses like "Of course we want the infant hearing test.  Give her the hearing test!")

Four hundred and some odd dollars later we are still fighting this bill for 2-minutes worth of beeps in Logan's newborn ears having not a clue that "routine" in fact meant "cha ching".

Anyhow, we have certainly received the runaround on this one, speaking to about ten different people all telling us different information on what we need to submit to get this thing covered.

This evening I am scared for my life (no not really, relax) as Chris stomps around yelling things like: "YES. YES.  MEDICAL. 8/7/2010. 2010. 2010. 2010. GO BACK!" into the phone.  I think he may finally be connected to some poor soul and is giving him a piece of his mind judging by the "You've got to be bleeping kidding me."

And I can't say that I blame him.  Not one person gives the same information about how to process and no one seems to be on the same page about who should cover what and worst of all, you have to recount the situation each and every time to some new person in web of confusion and you better believe no one is following up with you on conversations.  Frustrating to say the least!

So yea, fun times.  I think I may just skip my glass of water this evening and stay in the safety of our bed, ha.

No comments: