1.11.2012

I'm in Miami B****

Actually I'm not, I just can't get this song out of my head.  And...I will be there 1 week from tomorrow!  I can. not. wait.

Several of my friends and I (plus our signif others) are headed to South Beach for our friend's Carly and Justin's wedding.

I have never traveled out of state for a wedding, nor have been to Miami, so this is one to remember.  We're talking a black tie affair at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens:




I have been struggling with what to wear for such an event, mostly because I have been torn with the rules of a long dress being a must for a black tie wedding.  Well, I am breaking the rule (tacky?  I hope not) based on several opinions and online forums telling me that short dresses are making their way to black tie events and the red carpet.  And it's Miami, right?  Who's with me?!  Anyone?  Bueller?

Anyways, I am going the 40's era vintage route and will wear vintage cluster earrings, a cocktail ring, a side chignon, a vintage clutch and nude pumps with this lace dress from an LA boutique (for $68 bucks - ahem, can we say steal?).




Chris will be wearing something similar to the picture below.  Can't go wrong with classic black tie I figure.  He will be growing some scruff and his hair out while we're at it, ow ow...okay, kidding.


Anyhow, if you've been wondering what I've been up to, it's this.  Coordinating our outfits for this wedding.  Trying to lose 10 pounds...ha, I am up 2!  Planning my spray tan and nail situation.  Looking up 'do-it-yourself' updos.  You know, generally feeling like a nervous bride for someone else's wedding.  Totally normal :)

Can't wait!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I cannot WAIT to hear all about this one! And, you always have the most amazing hair, you will look FAB. BUT, you will love this website. She does all these hair tutorials that are super cute: http://www.thesmallthingsblog.com/p/hair-style-tutorials.html