1.06.2012

CTS

Some women get back aches.  Some women get morning sickness.  Some get swollen feet, heartburn, nosebleeds, bloating and cravings.

I got Carpel Tunnel Syndrome while pregnant with Logan.  A laughable side effect in my book.  I mean don't only old people and nerds who type a million words a minute get that?  Well, judge no more.  This thing kicked my butt.

While pregnant, my CTS was so painful and disruptive that I received cortisone shots in my wrist to ease the pain until delivery (the time in which all side effects and symptoms of carrying your little papoose are supposed to magically disappear).

Towards the end of my pregnancy I could barely blow dry my hair, do my make up, stir a pot, type a sentence or anything else that had repetitive hand motion.  Chris had been sleeping on the couch for weeks because for some reason I thought that sleeping alone and complaining was better than sleeping with someone else and complaining.  Hmmm...come to think of it, that one may have been Chris' choice.

Anyhow, of course I could not wait to meet our little peanut.  But, let's be real.  I really couldn't wait for this carpel tunnel bs to disappear.

Funny (read my sarcasm as sooo not funny) how 17 months later, I am laying here once a week (at the acupuncturist just to be clear):



That's because I STILL HAVE it!  Ugh.  I am literally like the 1% of the population that gets carpel tunnel syndrome during pregnancy whom it does not go away for after delivering.

The cure with the most sure and lasting results?  Hand surgery.  No big deal until they tell you you cannot lift so much as a finger of that hand for 2 weeks and full recovery takes months. Seeing as how you use your hands to do...well, just about everything...I am not so sure it's good solution.

That is until Logan is 18 and out of the house, Chris can cook for himself and there are enough tv shows to keep me occupied for two weeks straight.

For now, more acupuncture.

Good thing she's so cute.  Otherwise, I may trade her in for my right hand back, ha!


Anyone else with weird-o pregnancy symptoms?

No comments: