10.15.2012

Maternity Mondays: 20 Weeks

The Highlights:

How Far Along: 20 weeks and 3 days.

Size of Baby: The size of a banana.  Apparently he or she lost some weight this week...hmm, I have to question The Bump's analysis of fruit size.

Total Weight Gain / Loss: I don't weigh myself in between doctor's visits, and at my last visit, I am still up +6 pounds.  Next visit is October 16th (ahem....TOMORROW!) in which we will also find out the sex.

What I am wearing: A good mix between maternity and regular tops and all maternity pants at this point.  In the photo below I am wearing Liz Lange's for Target black maternity capris in a size S.  A word to the wise:  The crotch on these leggings hangs obnoxiously low for whatever reason.  I had purchased a size L to account for weight gain in the weeks to come but couldn't keep the darn things up!  I am also wearing a Gap long sleeve tee in red.

Movement: I am so sick of saying nothing so I will humor you and tell you that I may have felt a few "pings" to the bladder.  Nothing of significance that's for sure and these phantom movements are hardly enough to ease my mind.  Movement and proper growth will be my number one concern tomorrow.

Sleep: Good.  Logan is sleeping and my Carpel Tunnel is not yet bad enough to keep me awake.  I'll take it.

What I miss: Regular swim ware.  Our recent trip to Aspen had me in a hideous maternity suit in which I felt like a beached (and ruffly) whale.  Although it was black, it couldn't have been further from slimming.

Cravings: Movement!  And finding out the sex of this little wee one.

Symptoms: Heartburn is at bay and CTS is still manageable.  I've also been thinking that Chris is mighty attractive if you get my drift.

Best moment this week: Knowing that the real fun is about to begin with shopping and room decor.  It has been decided that LMK and new baby will be sharing a room :)

*Bonus* LMK Happenings:  All I have is love for this girl right now.  I am so thankful for her and the way that she lights up our life.  She will always be my baby and I'm overwhelmed with joy when thinking of how she introduced me to motherhood.  I couldn't ask for more.

20 Week Photos: 







1 comment:

Kara said...

Can't wait to find out if you are having a boy or girl!! Good luck! It will be so nice to see you girls again :)