10.29.2012

Maternity Mondays: 22 Weeks


The Highlights:

How Far Along: 22 weeks and 3 days.

Size of Baby: A Papaya.  Yum.

Total Weight Gain / Loss: +9 pounds at my last doctor's appointment.

What I am wearing: In the picture below, I am wearing Gap's Maternity Always Skinny jeans, a Liz Lange maternity tank and a Splendid sweater (not maternity).

Movement: Happy to report that I have been feeling him wiggle around more consistently this past week.  Chris was even able to feel some kicks last night before bed.

Sleep: Logan has been on and off with this crazy sleep pattern and this week, she was back on.  By this I mean she is wide awake every night, er morning, about 2am and wanting to come into bed with us.  She then proceeds to ask us questions as if it were 9 in the morning.  What are we doing today mom?  Where's Uncle Byron (which cracks me up)?  I want to watch a movie, mom.  And then she is up for good around 6:30am which is a far cry from how well she used to sleep just a few short weeks ago, sigh.  I have been told before that with toddlers, no matter what the behavior is (good or bad), it won't last forever.  Great news for the tricky times; not so great for the ones you'd like to keep in place.

What I miss: Not too much.

Cravings: I am officially calling candy my craving of choice.  I have always been quite fond of sweets, but candy?  Meh - I could take it or leave it.  These days, it's all I can do not to sit down with the entire bag of our Halloween stash and finish it in one sitting.  I am hoping it will pass when it's no longer in sight.

Symptoms: Today, exhaustion.  Pure exhaustion.  Perhaps it's the interrupted sleep, or our busy weekend or the fact that Logan is a full blown toddler with things to do and places to be at every given moment, but I really am exhausted by the end of the day 11:00am most days.

Best moments this week: Oooh - I have a lot!  In no particular order: getting my hair done (Hallelujah.  As one of the many odd things about pregnancy, my body has been holding onto every strand of hair for dear life.  I was beginning to look like a Lion and could have easily pulled one off for Halloween.), browsing Pinterest for ideas on how to decorate our new boy/girl room, ordering a few prints for said new room, making carmel corn, purchasing my first baby boy duds, pumpkin carving, and finishing LMK's Halloween costume.

*Bonus* LMK Happenings: This girl loves her some music.  She loves to sing and loooooves to be sung to.  She will ask multiple times a day to hear 'Sunshine' (You are my Sunshine), 'Twinkle', 'Itsy Bitsy Spider' and 'The ABC's'.  Furthermore, she has picked up on a few mainstream tunes that absolutely crack me up when she sings along from the backseat.  The chorus' Adele's "Rumor Has It" and Mumford & Sons "I Will Wait for You" are her two favorites.  I could hardly believe that she was singing along until I lowered the volume and asked her to repeat the words....I must catch this on video.  If only I weren't driving...

22 Week Photos:



No comments: