8.23.2013

Berry Patch Farms

Yesterday, Shannon took Ezra and Logan to Berry Patch Farms while I was at work (again - community.  A friend who wants to take your kid even if you aren't coming along?!  Love.)

They had a blast picking berries, riding on the hayride and petting the animals.  I received these two pictures on my phone and when I got home was greeted to a "surprise" bouquet of flowers that Logan picked for me.

She has been big on "surprising" me these days.  It usually goes something like this: 

"Mom.  Close your eyes and I will give you surprise flowers and you will open your eyes and I will say Surprise!"  Or...."Mom, come with me.  Close your eyes.  I made a surprise picture for you and when I say when, I will say surprise and you need to open your eyes and be surprised.  Okay?"  

If that's not the cutest thing ever, I don't know what is.  Clearly the definition of surprise is still a little vague.



Notice the hand on the hip.  That's a thing lately.
I would no longer let her cross her arms when she got upset, so this has been her alternative.  Wonder where she got that?  Hmm - hah.  Thankfully, she looks like she's enjoying herself here rather than being Miss Grumperson.


Anyhow, the end of summer has been moving right along and we are mentally preparing for Fall - the 90+ degree weather has been helping on that front.  Logan starts preschool on the 3rd of Sept. and there has been (surprisingly) a lot of preparation for that.  She is going to a parent co-op preschool and when they said parent participation would be heavy, they meant it!  I'm already exhausted and the year hasn't even started.

Looking forward to sharing more about preschool soon!

No comments: