12.14.2013

Travels

On occasion I have the opportunity to travel for work.

Minus the fact that I miss the kids (and you too, Chris) like crazy and have to spend a full month preparing schedules, sitters, and details to make it all work, I typically enjoy getting away for a few days.  I love my co-workers and enjoy traveling to new places and meeting new people. 

Icing on the cake is when I go someplace that I know friends and family and can meet up for dinner or a drink.  Well, consider this trip especially sweet!  

I was in Austin this past week for the International Music Festival Conference (imagine the people watching!) and got to meet up with my dear friend, Colleen and her family for dinner and a day of hanging out and catching up!  Colleen and her family are some of my very favorite people in the world and truly have such a special place in my heart.  Although we only lived near each other for two years when we were 7 and 8 years old, we were inseparable playing games, tending to our baby dolls and getting into mischief  with her little brother, Kevin.  We created some very fun memories together and ones that I talk about even to this day.  I even "lived" with them for a few weeks when my brother broke his back and my parents needed to stay an extended period with him in California.

Although I had not seen them in nearly 15 years, we quite literally picked up right where we left off.  Colleen, Eileen and I did not stop talking and laughing and swapping old stories.  Aren't those the best kinds of friends?  And, I got to meet sweet Ella.  She and Logan face-timed via iPhone and who knows, maybe one day they will have stories of their own ;)

Thanks again Sauer Family for the fun!  Hope to see you again soon.

A whole lot of blonde.
Yes, she is a "Nana".  I mean, not fair, right?

Best friend, Colleen.  Love this girl.

No comments: