7.29.2008

Expensive houses and scary rentals

And the search continues....We have looked at more houses and rental apartments than I can count. Yesterday we came across a real charmer, wink wink, in Congress Park. Just to give you an idea, the neighbor had lovely chalk drawings all over the outside brick with random comments, questionable drawings and eyebrow raising quotes. Our favorite was above the door that read, "Star Wars Hotel". Nope, not sharing a common wall with you I'm afraid. As for houses, they don't get much better. We've had our fun with broken windows, ripped out piping, albino cats, overgrown landscaping resembling haunted houses and offensive graffiti fences. I do want to make it clear, however, that we bring this upon ourselves. We just know that we are going to find our beautifully landscaped, bay windowed, hard wood floored, stainless steel kitchen, crown molded, 2 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage, Victorian charmer in the heart of the bustling city, and all for under $220,000. Not too much to ask, right? In all seriousness, we do owe a huge thanks to Chris's mom, our realtor, for her patience and hard work. Thank you Jane, bear with us!
On a different note, we had a great weekend. Met up with some friends from my work on Friday for drinks and pizza. I have lived here for 18 years and have never been to Bonnie Brae pizza. It is amazing....highly recommend the white pizza, so good! On Saturday I was bummed to miss Rancid with Chris, but helped a friend of a friend with her wedding. We really pulled off an amazing looking wedding with little time. It was nice to help someone who was in need of a budget conscience, yet beautiful day. I will post some pictures of Diane's, Erin's and my handy work. Chris enjoyed a day of biking, sun, beer and getting thrown around a bit in the mosh pit at Rancid...Fun times had by all. Sunday wrapped up the weekend with breakfast with my mom at Toast - the biggest portions I have ever seen. The conversation went awry when it turned to golf. I asked if the British open was the same as the U.S. open and then my mom asked if the British open was in Scotland. Like mother like daughter...he he. Poor Chris wonders what he got himself in to sometimes. And for the record, the senior British open really was in Scotland, so way to win one for the team mom!

1 comment:

Leighdleblog said...

That's hilarious, Tiffany! I wouldn't have know about the British Open either...I am so glad you have a blog! I don't get to catch up with you guys enough.