2.03.2009

Expectations

As I sit here getting my daily dose of blog reading in, I have been dreaming up what my next post will consist of. What home improvement projects am I working on? What does our social calendar look like? What 'not too real but real enough' arguments have Chris and I had in the past week that will make people chuckle? What do I have my eye on to purchase next? Etc., etc.

You see, in this bloggy world, I sometimes find myself very intrigued in what others are doing, what they have, what they don't....wondering if I measure up. And as much as I love, and don't plan on stopping, reading through someones adorable pregnancy woes, someone elses lavish wedding details, someones amazing home improvement projects, or someones weight loss journey to fit back into their size 27 jeans, I often find myself setting these very high and sometimes very unrealistic expectations for my life. Making myself think that I should be as funny, as witty, as happy, as wealthy, as skinny, as pretty, as faithful, as successful as you name it like the rest of these people. Sometimes I have to ask: Are these people for real? Are they really this _______ (fill in the blank) all of the time?

Don't get me wrong. I think that everyone has the right to put their best face forward. I know I do.

But for today, I thought it would be refreshing to leave you with some really "real" things about me - imperfections and all.

- When I get mad, I get really mad. I scream and yell and pout and often say things I don't mean. Then I feel guilty. I usually only do this to people I'm closest to, which hurts the most.
- I don't like to run. Actually, I kind of really hate it. But am determined to do it for whatever reason.
- I cuss (or is it 'curse'?) way more than I should
- I wish I made more money
- I like cats
- I'm not a very good cook but feel like Chris works way too hard not to have a good meal when he gets home
- We're on a budget and I don't follow it very well, which leads me to this...
- I don't think a little credit card debt is such a bad thing
- My teeth aren't straight and I HATE it
- I have a hard time saying "no" to people, which has gotten me into some situations
- I don't have an extremely close knit family despite my deepest desire to have one
- I like a cigarette now and again
- I'm too short and have to hem everything I own
- I love God. I just don't know how to love him all of the time.
- I like depressing books, movies, tv shows
- I want to lose 10.4 pounds
- I have been breaking out like a teenager recently and can not fix it
- I get stressed easily, which makes me stressed
- My arms have never been, and I'm afraid never will be, toned. Despite my many efforts
- I was determined to only eat on paper plates when I got older because I thought my mom was "too fancy". I have since changed my mind about this
- I can not name all of my cousins on both sides
- I thought seriously about keeping my last name and was very sad to see 'Blais' go
- I get very annoyed when people say, "You're how old? You look so much younger." Ugh.
- I'd like a new car because I sometimes get embarrassed by driving a Ford Focus
- I feel bad about wanting a new car, or anything new for that matter, because we already have so much
- I take a long time to get ready
- I have expressed interest in a new wedding ring already
- I often cry for no reason at all
- I do not like clutter
- Math was hard for me
- I'm not "really good" at any one thing
- I get frustrated when people call me the receptionist because I sit near the door
- I think "I know" most everything that Chris tries to tell me
- I don't like some of my friends or feel like I fit in all of the time
- I want 3 or 4 kids and get fed up when people say "Oh, just you wait!" or "You're so young to start thinking about kids."
- In turn, I get equally as fed up when people say things like, "When are you going to have kids? You should start soon!"
- I don't like sharing my food
- I want, and expect, Chris to share his food

Hmm, and with that, I should probably stop. Nothing too shocking I hope. I just wanted to give you (and myself) a reality check for a moment and a glimpse into the real Mrs. Kampsnider - the unrealistic expectations had to take a breather for a day.

With love ~ tiff

2 comments:

Mark said...

That's awesome! Everyone should write something like this.

The Ballard's said...

So I am a blurker and I finally came out. I told Kennan that I am a blurker & she doesn't even know me. Then I saw you did the same so I gave your blog a glance..Okay I read it. I laughed so hard when I read your post about confessions. So here I am, out of the closet. I have confessed to two today. Enjoyed your blog & attitude! Feel free to check us out:)