Holy December - where has this month gone?
I wanted to drop in to a) say that I am still alive, recovered and back to work after my program in Mexico b) that blogging this month will most likely be on the bottom of my to do list, sigh and c) I made an awesome chocolate nut bark last night (EASY recipe below).
In between engagement parties, and holiday parties, and decorating, and wrapping, and addressing and generally running around like a mad woman, I have not had much time to update you on one very awesome home improvement project that Chris surprised me with.
We (and by we, I mean he) created a pass-through window in between our kitchen and dining room. For those of you who have seen the house, this is major in terms of entertaining in our little kitchen (kudos to Amanda for being the brainchild on this one). The house seems so much bigger all due to one little window - I am so excited to have our dinner party on Saturday to show off Chris's handy work. Pictures to come!
As for that chocolate nut bark:
1. Melt 12 oz. chopped Semi Sweet or Dark Chocolate in a heat proof bowl over (but not in) lightly boiling water until melted.
2. Pour into a 9x13 baking pan lined with parchment or wax paper.
3. Add 2 cups lightly salted, assorted, chopped nuts and dried fruit bits if you wish (I used cherries).
4. Lightly press in with a spoon.
5. Refrigerate for 45 minutes. Break into large pieces and wrap in saran wrap or plastic bag. Package as desired....I put mine in Chinese-To-Go boxes with festive ribbon for holiday gifts.