We have been busy enjoying life with Logan and the weeks just seem to fly by (and I know will continue to do so for the next 20 + years as long as there are kiddos in the picture).
In a nutshell here's the happenings:
- Logan is now smiling and laughing?! consistently. Her laughs are still much like elongated and elevated coos, so I am still trying to figure out if it's the real thing or not. But for now, I am counting them as laughs and they are SO very sweet! My favorite thing is when I get her from her crib in the morning and she greets me with a bright smile and little laugh all while breaking into a cry because she is hungry. It's too funny.
- We got a new-to-us car. A 2001 Nissan Xterra. Chris bought this on a whim from our neighbors who just bought a mini van to tote their new arrival plus a clan of up to 4 more. The Troop went (back) to Chris's little brother, Tim. I am most excited about the Xterra's sun roof - yes!
- Said neighbors just had a little girl, Elizabeth Joy, on Friday whom Logan is eagerly awaiting play time with. 11 weeks apart, these two are destined to be good buds. And with Dad's who are mildly obsessed with their bikes, they may just be little biker chicks before we know it!
- I have particularly been enjoying Fall. The leaves are gorgeous in our neighborhood and the weather has been unseasonably warm. I have enjoyed Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies, Pumpkin Yogurt from Pink Berry, Pumpkin Spice Lattes and plenty of Pumpkin Bread to celebrate. Unfortunately, I have not been doing my fair share of exercise to work off all of this enjoyable Pumpkin-goodness, sigh.
- We hosted our semi-annual corporate luncheon at the new Four Seasons, Denver and the hotel is simply gorgeous. I am seeing a stay-cation in Chris and I's future. Not to mention their Surf and Turf Sushi (think Spicy Tuna wrapped in Elk) is to die for and only $4.50 at happy hour. And they have, count em', 60 wines by the glass!! Oh the little joys of no longer being pregnant.
- I bought a few new Fall clothes at Loft and am loving my new wardrobe options. My favorite purchase? This scarf in 'Gypsy Rose'.
- Logan is awaiting her first holiday with anticipation. She has no clue what Mama will dress her up in on Halloween, but I have a few things up my sleeve. She will have a few wardrobe changes on Sunday :) Logan also received her first holiday card from my God-Mother, "Aunt Susan". She is THE BEST - thanks Aunt Susan!
- We spent time with our friends, Brian and Sara yesterday and Logan got to see her boyfriend again. What we say goes and Trey is about the cutest little boy around. He likes to show off his good taste in music by wearing one of his Pink Floyd, Beatles or RUN DMC onesie's. When he's feeling fancy, he dresses in his neck tie onesie. And when he's feeling sporty, he is decked out in his Bronco's attire. Logan stays ahead of him though, and has a Johnny Cash onesie, plenty of pink dresses and tutus for their nights out and CU attire to put on when the Broncos get crushed by the Raiders. Pictures to come of this duo.
- Laslty, we celebrated my Dad's birthday this weekend and got to see my Aunt and Uncle from out of town who helped surprise my dad for his birthday weekend. Happy Birthday Dad!
That's about it on our end. Cheers!