On Tuesday, we had our first snow here in Denver. I wasn't thrilled that Old Man Winter was settling in already, but I have to say I am excited about a few things that the season brings.
- We celebrated the first snow with Pho. Yea, it rhymes. That is, unless you pronounce it correctly (fuh) in which case I would need to say we celebrated the first 'snuh' with Pho - but then it just looks all wrong. And if you have no idea what I am talking about, you must save yourself from reading the rest of this semi-boring post and go and get yourself some. Right now. You won't be disappointed! Ahem, moving on...
- I am looking forward to the first (and only the first) sidewalk shovel when I can wear my new fake Sorrel boots from Target. I am pretty proud that I purchased these when it was still 90 degrees in Denver. These knock offs become hard to come by once snow hits!
- Egg Nog Lattes. Preferably in pretty Red Starbucks cups, although my homemade (and half the calorie) version is quite nice too.
- Cutting down our Christmas Tree. I love that we have started a "tradition". Logan was just a wee one in my belly when we cut down our tree last year. I doubt she remembers. Okay, and she probably won't remember this year either, but I can pretend.
- Dressing up Logan in her snowsuits. She may or may not have 3 of them. Who's excited to see this little Snow Bunny?
- Making my Christmas shopping list. I really love planning the list - executing is sometimes a different story. Every year I say I am going to shop on-line, but then I get a late start and have to suffer through the malls and the crowds and lines regardless. All is well in the end though when I get to...
- WRAP. I love me some Christmas Gift wrapping. Strange?!
Okay, I could go on and on - clearly most of my loves revolve around the holidays. What do you love about Winter?