4.05.2011

Logan is taking her third nap today...and other random thoughts

That's right folks, we are sitting at 11:31 am and Logan is taking her third nap of the day.  I have this rule lately that when we are home and she is being an exceptional Miss Cranky Pants (think whaling when I put her down on the floor or screams when I turn the corner for a moment),  we try a nap.  It doesn't always work, but today it seems to do the trick. See?


Thank you Colleen for this baby monitor recommendation, we love it!  When working from home, I use every minute that she is napping to get work done and calls made (oh yes, except for when I am writing a blog post).  Having the video makes it so much easier to know when I need to go in and when she is just readjusting.

Switching gears, let's talk food.  Yum.  I have not always cooked and prior to getting married, was known for going to the grocery store each week without menus planned or even so much as a list.  Needless to say, there was not so much cooking going on but rather a lot of "What the heck did I spend $150 on?!  I have noting to eat!"

In the past year or two, cooking dinner has become one of my favorite nightly rituals.  I find it very therapeutic (or perhaps that's the glass of Pinot I pour to accompany) and love preparing meals that Chris and I both enjoy.  Thankfully, I have a very appreciative and adventurous husband when it comes to food who allows me to try almost anything and loves it nearly every time.  Last nights fare?

Thai Noodle Salad (200 cal, 12 g. pro, 2 g. fiber, 2 g. fat) served with Egg Rolls:
1 package rice or cellophane noodles
4 cups boiling water
3/4 cup halved snow peas
1/4 cup white vinegar - dressing
2 Tbsp. soy sauce - dressing
1 Tbsp. siracha pepper sauce - dressing
1 tsp. grated ginger - dressing
1/2 tsp. kosher salt - dressing
8 oz. thickly sliced deli roast beef (could sub for cooked shrimp, chicken or steak)
1 1/2 cups sliced cucumber
1/2 cup sliced fresh mint
1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional but delicious)

Cook noodles as directed.  Add snow peas to the noodles to cook as well
Drain, rinse under cold water.  Shake and repeat.  Return to bowl
Combine dressing ingredients in jar and shake well
Pour dressing over noodles to coat and add beef, cucumber and mint
Sprinkle with peanuts
Serve with favorite egg rolls

Tonight's menu is Southwestern Shrimp Tacos.  Get excited.

In the laundry department I wanted to thank everyone for their tips.  I combined a few suggestions and bought Oxy Clean's Gel Stain Remover Stick and love it!!  And while one the subject of removing things, I thought I would share one of my recent discoveries.  Sensitive baby wipes as make up removers.  Not sure how or why I even went here, but I did and I love them.  I have very sensitive skin and make up removal wipes typically are bad news for me and my pores.  Baby wipes do not seem to irritate it in the slightest and the best part is they are pennies a piece - love them!

My final random thought for today is regarding the wind and how much it blows (pun!).  It has really been ruining our walks lately and has given Logan some chapped little cheekers.  Not to mention the amount of bundling we are still having to do for April.


It also blew our new Adirondack  chair into our neighbors drive who proceeded to run over it (how you miss a bright green lawn chair in your rear view mirror, I am still unsure).  It makes a cool day downright cold and a warm day useless as you can't enjoy it.  Today, we are expecting gusts up to 65 mph - yuck.

I see the missus now, stirring about so I better get back to it.  Happy Tuesday to you!

1 comment:

Hildur said...

omg, I am so thrilled that I'm not the only one that uses baby wipes to remove make-up!