10.03.2012

What's Baking?

Let's pretend that someone were to ask me what my favorite kitchen appliance is - because no one actually has asked me such a thing and I may never get to tell you my answer.  Which is my Kitchen Aid, hands down.  My beloved Crock Pot is a close second, but let's face it - the KitchenAid is just so good looking.


I use this sexy device all of the time and I get a thrill every time she gets her motor running.  Hmm, that sentence just went very awry.

Anyways, I love baking and this mixer makes it all the more enjoyable - and I don't even use it to all of it's capacity.  I pretty much just use it for mixing, whipping and kneading things up with the basic attachments.  I would love to hear what others are doing with theirs (pasta making? meatballs? bread?)...

I like to bake something at least once or twice a week.  It's part of my weekly menu planning: 3 meals, 1 snack, 1 baked item.  I'm pretty predictable like that.  This week's recipe was nothing short of a winner that gets bonus points for the scent that that filled my kitchen!  Enter Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins with Walnuts (otherwise known as clean out your leftover baking items and throw them all into one recipe).

The recipe was adapted from Skinny Taste and the only changes I made were swapping the pecans for walnuts, adding about 1/2 cup chocolate chips and using 3 T. of oil instead of 2.





I made these yesterday afternoon and am already 4 deep.  Out of 12.  Whoops!

It's the perfect Fall recipe - Enjoy!  And if you don't already have a Kitchen Aid, put one on your registry, ask your in laws for Christmas or hint to your husband that he will reap the benefits.  You'll thank me.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love my Kitchen Aid Mixer! Although I tend to mainly stick to baked goods, Kalon loves it when I make fresh pasta (it's so good with seafood dishes), and I also like making ice cream (especially with fresh fruit). Even when I'm not using it, it's beautiful and it makes me happy to see it sitting on the counter.