11.20.2012

Maternity Mondays (on Tuesday because yesterday I was a mess): 25 Weeks


The Highlights:

How Far Along: 25 weeks and 4 days.

Size of Baby: A Cauliflower which is appropriate given that I am making a Cauliflower Gratin for Thanksgiving.

Total Weight Gain / Loss: Wait for it....+15 pounds at my last doctor's appointment.  Yowza.

What I am wearing: In the picture below, I am wearing a regular (albeit flowy) top from Anthropologie and my Gap Demi Panel Always Skinny jeans.

Movement: I have been feeling lots of movement in the evenings before bed but overall he is still less active than LMK was.

Sleep: I received a cortisone shot for my CTS this morning so I am hoping that dreamy nights are in my near future.

What I miss: Sanity.  There are some weeks in which I feel as though I have it all semi-together.  This was not one of them.

Cravings: Carbs.

Symptoms: Some lower back pain and CTS.

Best moments this week: I had a 'moment' last night.  A moment in which time stood still.  A moment in which I felt truly present and was brought to tears at the love I have for Logan and for being a mom. It was the end of the day, and truth be told I was at my wits end (see below for more).  Chris and I were arguing about who's fault the state of our filing cabinet was, I was exhausted, my swollen belly was a reminder of how large I am becoming and I wished that I could wave a magic wand to get this whole potty training thing over with.  I looked over and caught Logan naked from the waste down with the exception of her sparkly gold shoes that she had pulled out of the shoe basket herself.  She was dancing without refrain to Taylor Swift of something of the like, happy as could be.  She flowed her arms and tapped her feet and spun in circles.  When she saw that she had my attention, she demanded that I sit on the couch and watch her, or rather, "Sit here mom. Look at me!"  I sat there for about ten minutes while she danced and twirled and swayed and by the end of her little dance routine, I was in tears (darn hormones).

I was in tears because I know that these are the moments that I will look back on as opposed to the aforementioned whining.  These are the small and silly moments that make being a mom worth it.  Her tiny rear end - diaper rash and all, her sparkly shoes, her dirty pink top, her hair a mess and her innocence.  I needed that moment.

*Bonus* LMK Happenings: I will let the picture do the talking.


We are back at it and I hate it just as much as the first go-around.

I feel as though potty training is something that parents fail to mention when talking about toddler hardships.  I've heard about temper tantrums and time outs and hitting and table manners and food aversions but potty training kind of just gets shoved under the rug.  It's almost as if they hold out on the topic as if it's something that only you can experience for your poor pathetic self.  An unmentionable right of passage that comes along with motherhood, if you will.

Or perhaps I am the only one who is bothered by being prison bound in my own home, walking around with a bottle of lysol and paper towels glued to my side and doling out M&Ms and stickers as if they were going out of style. You may be wondering why I chose the Turkey week to tackle this again, yes?  Psssst...because Chris will be home 2 1/2 out of the 5 days ;)   I have no shame in using all my resources this time around because I'm here to tell you: it stinks (pun fully intended).

25 Week Picture:
I was feeling just about as good as I look in this picture.  Which was NOT VERY.


No comments: