6.24.2013

Weekend Photo Stream

Here's a look at this weekend's happenings from my iPhone:

Overnight Friday, we went backpacking with Chris' sister and husband who are in town while Grandma and Grandpa watched the kids!  It was our first backpacking trip in over 3 years (since before Logan was born) and it felt great.  It's one of the reasons we love Colorado!  We went just outside of Nederland (near Boulder) and it was an awesome hike up to the summit; we set up camp about 2 miles in and packed in all of our stuff.  The scenery was amazing with waterfalls and brook crossings at every turn.


Notice the snow in the background?  We were up so high that it's still covering the ground, even with it being the end of June.


Yesterday we went to Erin and Mark's and got to spend time with a few of the cousins  The three little ones are all within a year of each other, and it's cute to see them all together.  Logan luh-hu-huves her cousins...








Late last week we snuck in some pool time with Logan's best buddy, Ezra, in their front yard.  Logan decided that performing 'water ballet' was more fun than the slide...





Lastly, look who got to be in a "fashion show".  Honestly it was anything but, although she did get to model clothes for the 'Tea' line (one of our favorites) at a local boutique.  Admittedly, this was a tad self indulgent for yours truly.  After all, what mom doesn't want the chance to play stage mom for a day?!  Just me?  Hmm...

Anyways, when I saw the ad up on Nest's Facebook page looking for size 3's to show off their new fall line, I couldn't resist submitting a photo just for fun.  When Logan got a "call back" I was all but signing on the dotted line for a modeling contract, ha.  Chris not so subtly reminded me that we didn't need another Honey Boo Boo in this world.  Regardless, it was so fun watching her get "styled" at the store and getting to see her dressed up unlike anything I would do at home...even if it was just for an afternoon.  Logan got a kick out of it too; her favorite part being handing out candy and bouncy balls to the customers in the store.

I mean, seriously...I die at this outfit.  I totally snuck these photos, as we are supposed to wait until the professional shots come out, but I couldn't resist.  Self indulgent indeed.





Meanwhile, little man was not as thrilled about the fashion show but was happy to snuggle with Aunt Leigh...


 'Twas a fun weekend!

2 comments:

smaltarich said...

Dude! A CALL BACK? I told you...model. College! :)

Leighdleblog said...

Talk about busy summers! I'm just now catching up on your last few months of blog posts. Our trip out seems like it was only a couple of weeks ago! I enjoyed every snuggly minute with Weston :)