10.01.2012

Maternity Mondays: 18 Weeks

The Highlights:

How Far Along: 18 weeks and 3 days.

Size of Baby: The size of a sweet potato.

Total Weight Gain / Loss: I don't weigh myself in between doctor's visits, and at my last visit, I am still up +6 pounds.  Next visit is October 16th in which we find out the sex!

What I am wearing: Maternity jeans, leggings and work out pants.  Mostly regular tops and maternity tanks for the length.  In this photo I am wearing Maternity Liz Lange capris from Target and the top is from Loft this September.

Movement: Still.......Waiting.....

Sleep: Mediocre but mostly due to Logan not the pregnancy.

What I miss: Logan sleeping.

Cravings: Nada.

Symptoms: My Carpel Tunnel Syndrome is slowly returning in full force.  I had finally reached a good place in which my sleep was not disrupted and I could discontinue acupuncture about 6 months ago.  And then...I got pregnant again.  Apparently I am destined for this quirky pregnancy symptom and am dreading the next several months as I know it only gets worse.

Best moment Thoughts this week:  Last night we watched "The Business of Being Born".  The documentary really hit home for me.  My pregnancy and delivery experience (from my checkups to my induction to my c-section) was much like described in the film and not in any way like I had planned, or wanted, for that matter.  I recommend* the movie to anyone who is interested in the history of labor and delivery in America, midwives, home birth options, etc.  While you can probably still expect me to have a planned c-section this time - the reasons being many - the movie brings up some interesting points and I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of the natural, warm and welcoming experience of childbirth some women choose (and get) to have, much to their credit.  This coming from one who pops a Tylenol at the faintest sign of a headache - yes, I am that person too.  I hope to describe my personal experience in greater detail in another post as I was going to link you up to my "birth story" from Logan but realize that what I recorded did not nearly cover what I went through. In hindsight, I think that I wanted to forget the entire thing.  Anyhow...for a later date perhaps.

* My disclaimer that this should not be a first date film as you will see plenty of the nether region (aka women giving birth).  A little awkward for a new fellow don't you think?

*Bonus* LMK Happenings: A post to come later this week with plenty of them :)

18 Week Photo:

2 comments:

Kate said...

I am mildly obsessed with BoBB (and recently noticed on Netflix that the follow up is available - aptly entitled More Business of Being Born or something catchy like that). It was the impetus of all my natural birthing research and planning. Didn't work out as I wanted it to but I think it's such an important film!

You look great!!

Kendall said...

Apparently I missed the post announcing you we're pregnant ....congrats !!!!