8.05.2009

this and that

Has it really been almost a week since I have gabbed at you all? Oh my!

Psst. I will let you in on a little secret. When I don't post, it's usually because one of two reasons:

a) I am busy at work. Yes, it's true, I do actually work. I know, it was wrong to fool you all into thinking that I blog/etsy browse/look up recipes/make charts/rant and rave/shop for a living -only leaving you to wonder how in the world I manage to receive a paycheck every two weeks, teehee. But, what goes around comes around and we are officially b-u-s-y.

or

b) I don't have any sort of picture to adorn my post. Why this bothers me? I have no clue.

And so, here I am, with plenty on my plate at work AND without any pictures, posting away regardless. Ahh, it feels good to break my own rules.

Nothing extremely noteworthy, just thought I would update you on a few highlights of the past 6 days.

- I babysat the. cutest. 6 month old last Saturday. His name is Fletcher, but is referred to as baby Fletch. Their dog, Dr. Noodles, was there too. Haha, I kind of got a kick out of that name! The parents, who are friends of friends, are pretty adorable, stylish to boot and have one kick-ass kid. Chris chose to skip out on the babysitters club adventures, but I made sure to let him know how much fun we were having without him by sending several "guess what baby Fletch is doing now?" text messages. Oh yea, I made some good money too, where I spent the next day at...

- TJ Maxx Home Goods. Hooray for Home Goods. Hooray for Mom for dragging me into Home Goods, before I was "savvy" enough to realize it's awesomeness in reasonably priced home decor. Hooray for my $5 basket. Hooray for my orange and white graphic print over sized pillow. Hooray for me for NOT buying a $100 purse.

- We spent last Sunday evening at our last Jazz in the Park for the summer. Brie, crackers, jam, dark chocolate, wine, beer, wine (no worries, we walk here), feet in the grass, blanket on the ground, the sunset over the skyline whilst being entertained by the finest people watching in all of Denver, a cool breeze, good company, lively music...it's always a great time. We will miss you Jazz in the Park - can't wait for next summer.

- We had our neighbors, Meghan and Mark over for dinner last night. We dined on Smoked Brie (we obviously love us some Brie), Crackers and Jam (ditto), wine and beer (ditto and ditto), Summer Pizza, a BBQ Chicken Pizza (ahem, pizzas are easy. Easy not to mess up that is.), ooh, and some of Leigh's (who's family could still use some thoughts and prayers) amazing chocolate chip cookies for dessert. I think I successfully made a decent cookie. If you know me, you know that this is by far my worst domestic skill. I was pretty pleased when they asked for another. Chris gave me a wink too, which confirmed the baking success.

And lastly, on the horizon for a good time: KiNGs of LeOn this Sunday at Red Rocks. We are stoked.

Gotta run. Getting an influx of 'e-mail dings' reminding me that, yes indeed, I am still at work.

1 comment:

Us! said...

Thank you! I so enjoyed your update--and Ryan did, too. I read it to him as we are sitting here waiting to leave the hospital. We didn't even miss the pictures. I would so much rather be posting about fun things in life and shopping exploits than on the news at NIH. Oh well...I live vicariously through you!