6.18.2012

Operation Get Fit

Alright.

If you have been reading this blog for any amount of time, you know that I have done Weight Watchers in the past.

You know that weight is something that I'm conscious of and that being thin does not come naturally for me.

Perhaps you even know a little about my weight loss journey(s).

And you probably have gotten the hint that I have gained some lbs' in the recent months:

Thus, my decision to rejoin Weight Watchers.  Again.  For the third time.  For reals.  I like to think that I am always doing WW in my head and that now I will just have an "official" scale (and an official payment due) to help keep me accountable.  After all, I know what my target points should be for the day.  I know Point Values* like the back of my hand.  I track what I eat  (mostly mentally these days, leaving plenty room for error).  I know that I should order the Marinara over the Alfredo.  And I know that I should get 5-7 servings of veggies a day.   And mostly, I am doing okay at it.

Mostly is the key word here.  Mostly is also the word that leads to that last glass of wine (or maybe it's the glass of wine before that...hmm).  Anyhow - It's the word that makes my favorite pair of jeans hard to button.  The word that's making my scale slowly (but surely) climb.  The word that makes me a bit more sluggish and less motivated to hit the gym.  The word that causes me to have an extra piece of chocolate because I've "earned it".  The word that is the stupid back fat roll under my bra.

So why Weight Watchers again?  In truth, because I know it works for me.  I believe it is the healthiest (if not a bit obsessive) weight loss plan on the market.  I believe you can adapt it to your lifestyle.  I believe it makes you in charge of the food you put in to your body.  I believe it's a plan that you can continue for life.  I believe in the power of no "off limits" food.  And most importantly for me, I believe it makes you accountable.  Take that Jennifer Hudson!  There are a few things that I don't love about the program (choosing ff cheese or processed cheese for a lower points value instead of whole fat cheese, for example).  I intend to work on that this time around so that I am eating "whole" foods and not "fake foods" as I like to call them.

I would also like to clarify that I don't think I'm "fat".  Ironic?  Maybe.  Fat is not how I would like to describe myself nor how I really feel.  For the most (there it is again) part, I feel pretty good.

I also don't expect or intend to be "skinny".  Being skinny is not what I would like to set my goals by nor what I want the focus to be on.

I simply want to feel great.  I want to be stoked about getting dressed.  I want to set and maintain a healthy example of eating (both physically and mentally) for Logan.  I want to be toned for once in my life.  I want to get excited about working out  (laugh out loud on this one).  I want to encourage others.  I want to set fitness goals as well as weight loss goals.  I want to better my health.  And - I want to look better than my husband who is currently kicking my ass in this department ;)

While I don't have a goal weight in mind, and will probably set milestones instead (fitting into my favorite dress, running 5 miles, etc.), I do plan to track and share my progress for the sake of self-motivation and for some no-brainer blog material, of course.  I also know that there is no magic number.


Join me as I start continue this process.

And....go!


Start Date: 6/19/2012
Starting Weight: 130.2
Weight Gained / Lost: 0
Total Weight: 130.2

'Before' Picture:
Although I am using this photo for a reason - really cringe at how I look - can we also mention how CUTE my nephew is?  Love him.
*Let me warn any on-the-fence-about-joining-weight-watchers - ers.    If you decide to join, be prepared for the way you think about food to change.  Forever.  Each and every food will all of a sudden have a number lingering over it - on menus, in the grocery store, at your friends bbq - and despite your hardest efforts to try, you won't be able to erase them.  It's singlehandedly the most annoying part of the program to me.  To be able to recite to Chris his entire meal in points is a bit psychotic to us both.  On the other hand, I obviously think it's why the program works and why it continues to work long after you meet your goal.  After all, I still haven't eaten a giant store bought streusel muffin after learning it was 18 points years ago...ha.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you, Tiff! I'm getting back on track too. You should come over for a hula hooping party. :)

The Smaellies said...

I love weight watchers!! Good luck Tiffany!